This page will give you a better understanding of how cookies work and how to use existing tools and configure them.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Placed on your terminal when you visit a website, a cookie is a small text file containing information about your browsing on the site, whose main purpose is to enhance your visit to the site and allow you to receive targeted services.
On your computer, cookies are managed by your internet browser.
Cookies used on the bticino.com website can be placed either by Bticino, or by a third party. They may be either session cookies (in which case the cookie will be automatically deleted when the browser is closed) or permanent cookies (in which case the cookie will be stored on your terminal until its expiry date).
No correlation is ever made between these cookies and any personal information that may be held by bticino.com.
HOW CAN I ACCEPT OR REJECT COOKIES?
You can set your browser to store cookies in your terminal or reject them, either routinely, depending on where they originate from, or to inform you each time a cookie is stored in your terminal, so you can decide whether to accept or reject them.
However, deleting all cookies used by the browser, including those used by other websites, may lead to some settings or information being altered or lost, making it difficult to browse the website.
Every browser is configured differently. You need to follow the instructions in your browser’s editor as listed below (links available at the date of updating this page):
- If you are using Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- If you are using Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11913
- If you are using Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- If you are using Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- If you are using Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
- If you are using different terminals, make sure you configure the browser on each of them in accordance with your preferences.
If you don’t wish to change the cookie settings, simply carry on using the website.